The purpose of the RFMS Standard API is to provide API methods for creating and editing customers and "opportunities" in the RFMS database.
The following is a list of general methods currently available in the Standard API Version 2:
- Create and update Customers*
- Find Customers
- Get Customers (using their unique Customer ID)
- Create Quote, Order and BidPro Estimate headers to serve as sales opportunities. These quotes and estimates do not include line items, but Internal Notes can be inserted.*
*Support for duplicate customer detection is included
See our API documentation that contains a list of the available methods and a description of the overall API design: https://api2docs.rfms.online/?version=latest
How can I start using this?
Access to the RFMS Standard API requires a subscription. It also requires installation of the RFMS MOE API Service. If you already use RFMS Mobile, RFMS Cloud Link or are a Podium customer that is using the RFMS integration, then you already have this service installed. If not, our technical team will contact you to perform the installation after you purchase a subscription to the RFMS Standard API along with the API Server Setup. Please contact your RSA for more information regarding the purchase of this subscription.
Once you purchase and the API service is installed, you should provide the following information to your own developer so that they can begin developing against our API:
1. Documentation for the Standard API: https://api2docs.rfms.online/?version=latest
2. Unique API Credentials for your account and RFMS database. A developer will need the following two pieces of data in order to interact with your particular database:
- Store Queue Value
- API Token
What If I don't have access to my own developer?
We are also available on Zapier, the leading API bridge between mainstream software applications. See the article that explains our Zapier presence and how to get started here.
Important: Use the following instructions to get the Store Queue and API Token:
1. Login to admin.rfms.online with an administrator account
2. Go to the RFMS Online tile
3. Press the "API" button located in the upper right corner of the screen
4. Press Generate Key in the dialog box that appears
5. Select a default user. This does not restrict the default Salesperson for quote or customer creation. The selected user should generally have broad System Option permissions in RFMS.
6. Enter a label for the API Token. This will allow you to identify the purpose of this token in case you engage with several third party developers or software applications.
7. Press Save when done.
7. Copy both the (1) Store Queue value and the (2) API token. Both of these should be provided to your third party developer. With these two pieces of information, they can begin interacting with the API for your particular database.
8. Close the API dialog. This can be opened at any time in the future to view existing API tokens or generate additional ones. Also, existing tokens can be revoked. This will remove access to your database from the third party developer using that token.